20100218

Surprise upgrade


Upgrade to a large SUV, originally uploaded by rob-the-org.

When I travel on business - usually one of the first questions my daughter asks me when I am on the phone with her is "What kind of car do you have?"

So I started taking pictures of my rental car with my Blackberry so she can see them.

Last month - even though I reserved an Intermediate (read that small/mid-size car), when I got to the counter the clerk asked if I wanted a mini-van or SUV. Since it was just me - and I normally drive a SUV, I took the SUV, and got this Jeep Commander.

[basically - it sounded like the car rental company had already rented out all of the cars that size, and didn't have a lot of demand from families - for the large SUV.]

Smooth highway ride w/ power when you need it. A 3rd row for extra people - which folded down easy to carry luggage. But it was the interior that really turned me off. It was plain black plastic. It felt cheap.

If someone gave me one, I wouldn't turn it down - but I don't think I would buy one myself.

No comments: